This simplifies and accelerates the process for everyone – the conveyancers, buyers, and vendors alike.
Here are the steps to signing a Contract for Sale for a property in NSW:
- The contract you need to sign will be emailed to you
- Click on REVIEW CONTRACT
- Click in the box that says, I AGREE TO USE ELECTRONIC RECORDS AND SIGNATURES
- Click on CONTINUE
- Scroll down the page and click on the word SIGN
- Select how you would like to sign the contract
- Your signature should show on the contract.
- Click ADOPT AND SIGN
- On the next page you should see your signature on the contract.
- Click on FINISH at the top of the page.
If there are two people buying, the second person must also follow the above steps.
How Contracts for Sale were signed in the past
In the past, signing contracts to buy or sell a house in NSW with a solicitor or conveyancer was difficult. It usually meant taking time off work to sign the contract. All this took time and effort.
Signing contracts online now makes it much easier!